Over 30 years experience in CAD & Engineering Drafting Services. I started in 1983 with on the job training learning Microstation. I have used
Microstation, Autocad and Corel Draw in most disciplines, Architectural, Civil, Mechanical Design, P&ID and Structural. I provide 2D and 3D CAD Drafting and Design in house or from my
office located in Hurst. TX Call if you need help, give me a call. 817-422-1955
CONNIE HUDGINS - EMPLOYMENT SUMMARY
2012 - Current - Hurst,
Laser Perfect MFG
- Provide custom plaques and engraveable products are designed and engineered in house
using Autocad 2007, Corel Draw 7 and Microsoft Works.
- We manufacture using a 60 watt laser engraver, products made
- Provide contract CAD drafting services utilizing 35 years experience. See our website
at www.laserperfectmfg.com for company and product
2001 to 2006 Dallas, TX
Ross and Baruzzini
Senior Mechanical BHS Conveyor
- System Design of Airport Bag Screening conveyor and associated equipment.
- Mechanical design and system layouts for X-ray screening equipment.
- Electrical control design for conveyor and associated equipment.
- Provided extensive field support verifying existing baggage system at the following Airports, St Louis, Miami, Sarasota and
- Created the company Autocad block library for all baggage handling equipment.
- Assisted in daily office management including phone’s, network and data backup.
2001 TMI Co.
- Successfully partnered to develop, prototype, produce and license a product focused on
time management skills for children affected by ADHD symptoms. Responsible for the patenting of the product, and sales through QVC. Assisted in presenting the product as the inventor on
1999 to 2001 Dallas,
- Contracted for: Extendable Conveyor relocation project – Siemens Dematic DFW.
- Converted the AutoCad drawings into the Dallas ISO standard and Visual Manufacturing database.
- Generate manufacturing releases based on customer driven modifications.
- Provided mechanical installation drawings for each conveyor system.
- Structural details for the equipments floor supports, hangers, platforms and crossovers.
- Traveled for field verification of existing equipment and site conditions.
- Assisted the estimating department using Excel, to provide material take-offs, drive horsepower and electrical control
1998 to 1999 Dallas, TX
Cad Designer (Contract)
- Contracted to BAE (Airport Baggage Equipment Co.) To support the development of new
baggage handling conveyor equipment.
- This firm used Microstation 95 to generate CAD drawings in 2D and
- Part of the team that developed the installation drawings for approximately 23 miles of
slider bed conveyor and associated support structure for the San Francisco Airport.
1995 to 1997 St. Louis, MO
- As a member of the Special Structures team we supported the design and layout of various
structural and mechanical projects for the Proctor and Gamble Paper products plant.
- Project drawings were created by using Autocad 14, Rebis Multi-Steel 3D and Soft Desk
- Provided an as-built survey of the entire plant infrastructure for input into the STAAD
- This data then was challenged with simulated seismic events. When the plants existing
structure failed, the area was then re-engineered with additional cross bracing, large epoxy anchored base plates, roof bracing and exterior wing walls to stabilize all the buildings
1989 to 1995 St. Louis, MO
- Employed as a contract CAD engineer and system manager for the engineering department at
the Lever Brothers detergent manufacturing plant.
- Provided architectural, structural, mechanical and piping design for in-plant projects
using Microstation 5.0. Developed the cad standards that input the existing plant structure for all the disciplines. Then used that data to generate new project data. Also developed a process to
eliminate the board drafting way of generating project drawings. All board drawings were scanned and preserved as archive data to support the continual process of building the plant in
- Provided Unix network support and maintenance for the Intergraph cad network, design and
drafting support on large projects for the liquid and powder manufacturing equipment. Liquid line #4 transition to VFD conveyor drives and conveyor equipment the feed the warehouse palletizing
- Responsible for graphic signs and invitation material for the plants special event
functions and upper management tours using Corel Draw 5
- Programmed the data backup system, in UNIX for the entire CAD network of shared
1979 to 1989 St. Louis, MO
Various CAD and Board Drafting
1983 Received CAD training on an Intergraph VAX. /
- St.Louis County Government Center – CAD drafting -
- Anheuser Busch – CAD drafting - Microstation
- Jones Mayer Company – CAD drafting - Microstation
Traditional board drafting
- Nooter Boiler - 1979 Co-op with South County Technical
- Southern Kitchen Equipment Co. - 1982
Meramec Community College – St. Louis, MO – 1981 & 1982 General studies and classes that directly related to my job as a drafter, and were Drawing and
Design I and II, Technical Drafting, Art I and II.
South County Technical School - St. Louis, MO – Engineering Drafting Studies.
Graduated in 1979, this was a 2 year 1500 hour class designed for hands on education in
art of manual board drafting. I was involved in the cooperative education program with Nooter Boiler.
Mehlville Senior High School – St. Louis, MO – 1977 then transferred to South Tech School.